Monday, October 11, 2010

It was 1993...

It was 1993.

I was in Class X at Ramkrishna Mission, Narendrapur... in the hostel and where Bollywood or movies for that matter were strict "NO-NO". One day during lunch hours, the hostel house-master, Mr Mukundo Mohapatro gave me an envelope... it was a letter. But my name and address was typed. I wondered who could it be... I was ne ... ver so important or special that someone would type my name and send it.

Got through with my lunch quickly, rushed to my room and opened the letter... written in Hindi, it was from THE MAN... whom I idolised ever since I was a child and would pronounce his name as "Amita Bachan".

It was a letter from Mr Amitabh Bachchan. It was accompanied by an autographed photo of HIS.

In a school where singing a Hindi movie song was crime, I became a celebrity... everyone was envious that Mr Bachchan had written to me and I was on the TOP of the WORLD. Everyone came to my room, came to my class... just to see that treasured letter.

I wanted to be the next Amitabh Bachchan... would try and enact HIS roles, the way HE danced, I copied HIM... till I grew up and realised I can never be HIM... I can never be 6'2". :-)

Happy Birthday, Sir!!! May God Bless You and reward You with another year of good health!

 

 


"DHFL is ranked among India's top 100 Best Employers"
                                                         ---Survey by Great Place to Work Institute, in association with The Economic Times.


DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or DHFL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of DHFL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment