Thursday, June 3, 2010

the Farewell

Hi!
katha hoyni dudin! kaal followed election results...spent the entire day lazing on the bed. good for Mamta Banerjee. the communists look like losers for the 1st time. it seems that they have given up... rather it seems that they have realised that they are on a sinking ship. at times when i look at the communist leaders and the amount of knowledge they have in different areas, i wonder why do they have to support the hatred and killings unleashed by the party. i wonder in amazement if they are unaware of the same or that they tend to lend a blind eye.
people are asking whether the Trinamool has it in them to take up the responsibility. if i judge by myself, all i can say is that at times individuals grow up when responsibilities are assigned to them. i am sure that it will be the same with them as well. it is important for Bengal and our future... more than us... our future generations.
aarek-ta jinish aamar mone hoy... if they are very serious about their chances for 2011, they need to take some serious professional help with respect to the representation at the various televised debates. ektu bhalo english balar lok chai. it is important about how one is perceived.
till then, the communists need to prepare for the farewell.
i had my TALIC farewell on 31st May.
nice gestures from many around. Nandu Di had come down and had to wait for a pretty long time. She gifted a lovely glass set for my evening drinks. Badal Da called up and enquired if it was actually my last day. and then it was time for the formal event...
proceedings were started of by Shubhomoy, the cluster training manager... followed by Bibek Verma... both wished me for a great career ahead. the generous doses of lies were meant for the audience which included "my moving out because of a better opportunity"! Huh! :-)
Samar Kanti Das walked out of the room when Bibek was driving on the highway of praising me.
Samir Pradhan, the Branch Trainer (or is he now the Cluster Trainer) also shared his thoughts.
I hate farewells for the simple reason that even the dreaded criminals belong to the category of "few good men" once they are dead that is... why should it be that ways? if i am bad, i am bad... and if i am good for someone, i am good. why do one have to be a hypocrite?
Samar Da was asked to speak and he declined to. then it was the turn of Tapan Kr Sarkar, Sr Advisor... he shared a shayari.
it was then the turn of Prabhat... he came up and said,"Sir, I want to give you a hug". he immediately questioned Bibek, "why did it have to be Girbban to go away if he did all the good things for Siliguri branch?" needless to add, no one had anything to say. He continued,"Bibek Sir jab gaye hum bole thhe bujurg jaa rahein hain... aaj toh ma-baap chale gaye!" i stopped Prabhat from speaking any further. Mithun wanted to speak but i sent him back and said it's my turn... all of you have spoken enough.
I know who thinks what about me... good, bad, ugly. they need not come up and speak. its not required... never required. When i spoke, it was my formal self... the least emotions. thanked everyone and asked everyone to continue the good work and strengthen the branch. missed the darjeeling team though... none of them were present.
i was handed a lovely bouquet of roses and those sticks that they give at Shradh ceremonies... jui phuler stick... na...na.... Rajanigandhar stick... basically it was my Shradh at TALIC. ;-) I was also gifted with a lovely tie and pair of cuffs. everyone also wrote on the card. very sweet of them. i had also got one of my tees. asked everyone to give an autograph. it looks beautiful with the messages. it is a prized possession for me. will definitely wear it someday or share the pic once i get to find a replacement for my N95.
i know Prabhat, Sandeep, Samar Da and Mithun will miss me like many more in the branch. i need to acknowledge their contribution in my success at TALIC. it is as much important as anyone from the Darjeeling team. when Vivek Prakash, the Zone Agency Head, asked me sometime in July 2009, if I am not going to do well in July, what should be the course of action, I had said that I will resign. August 2009... the entire team gave their heart out and I was No. 2 in the entire WB1 region. not many acknowledged... they feared how could i succeed without their help. but i did... Prabhat, Samar Da, Sandeep and the entire team played their role. Salute you, guys!
someone i would also like to mention... Hari, the security guard. he was on leave and yet had come down to meet me. touched! even Balaram bhaiyaa was looking sad.
Diamond, Sarila, Mani daaju called up... asked to come down to Darjeeling before i leave.
Rebica sends across lovely SMS-es every night...
Aasman humse naraaz thhe, taro ko humse shikayat thhe, woh
sab humse jalte thhe, Qki chand se behtar hamare paas aap jaisa Sir thhe.
;-(
God bless all! i am the blessed one... whatever misfortune may have befallen me, but not everyone is lucky... i have always been loved by my teams... be it ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank or IPru or TALIC!
as Manoj Vajpayee says in the Rajneeti teaser, "party se to nikaal diye ho... janta ke dil-se kaise nikaloge!"

No comments:

Post a Comment