Thursday, June 10, 2010

India Qualifies for WORLD CUP SOCCER!!!

The World Cup begins tomorrow… every channel that you surf through tells you about the world cup… and the prospects around.



More spectacular is the list of guests on the show… u can make out that all the old blazers have come out after dry-clean after 4 years. Most of them are uninformed and unqualified to talk about the teams they are being a critique of. Why do I say uninformed… they move around with a file containing sheets of pages and once asked a question will search through and give you an update. More often than not, if the anchor asks a question, it’s almost a catfight between the participants about who’ll answer it. The anchors are also horrific… ladies in their 20s who hardly seem to know what football is all about… rata hua questions they ask.



I know everyone is far too bored and neither will I bore you with my gyaan. I was flipping through the channels couple of days back and I came across Simla Youngs Football Club – SYFC (probably based out of Delhi). The club was established in the 1930s… but that’s not important. What fascinated me was that they have established a full-fledged football academy and over the last 10 years they have been visiting Wales and Scotland with the different age group teams that they have to participate in the Welsh Cup. Mr Tushar Dev, the Chief Coach has a dream of seeing India in the World Cup. Even some of the young lads who featured in that clip said that they want to play soccer at the highest level.



Even I have that dream… someday we should be playing the World Cup Soccer. Rishan, my son is only 4 now. 16 years down… 2026… will India play the World Cup? Why not? We could be playing even before that! All that is required is 100 sets of parents in the country who would believe in that dream. I am one of them.



If France could play and WIN a World Cup with a population of 6 crores, we have to!



There’s one thing that I did not like about SYFC… the quality of the grounds. They were pathetic to say the least… not an iota of grass. I must say that those of us who had been to Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Narendrapur were really lucky to have had a stadium of the class. Wish SYFC authorities managed to get good ground facilities… it’s the bare minimum requisite to ensure that the kids do not fear but would love to give their soul to the beautiful game. I wish SYFC all the best for the days ahead and I am sure that many of us would treasure the dream and some would definitely work towards making it a reality.



VIVA…

No comments:

Post a Comment